Day 1: Setting the boxes out on April 9


April 9 2024

We just ended a very cold and wet (!) week, it shouldn't freeze anymore, and it probably won't rain till October again. Temps will be in the 40s to 70s this week (average daytime temps need for mason bees to start emerging is 55*), and although I have, like, only 5 daffodils that have bloomed, by the time the bees emerge they may find enough weed flowers, or possibly cottonwood trees?? to get to work pollinating, because I swear last year all they had was weeds.

I do have 15+ fruit tree saplings, but I reckon they'll take years to bee useful.

So here's the first day of setting out the bee boxes with tubes and the cocoons! Fingers crossed.


 

Box 1

 

 

Box 2

 

Box 3

 

 

Box 4, the one with un-removable tubes. I did put this house inside during the winter but that's it.

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3: My bees are hatching!

2024 Intro